I want to create the following process, but I'm struggling with the last step:
When a user creates a new issue it should be only visible to him (lowers the barrier of creating an issue) and be in the state <Draft>. He can work freely on it eg. edit the description or leave it for a while. Additionaly he can "invite" others to view / work on the issue and prepare it for a proposal to the product manager. As he changes the state of the issue to <Proposed> the visibility should be public (every project member).
To archieve this process I did the following tasks:
- Create a custom field CREATORS of the type 'User Picker (multiple users)'
- Added a post function to the transition from the issue creation to the <Draft> view to add the current user to the CREATORS field
- Added an issue security scheme, where only the users from the CREATORS field can view an issue
- Added a post function to the proposal to clear out everybody of the CREATORS field
When I create a new issue and set the state to <Proposed> I can't see the issue anymore, because im not listed in the CREATORS field (Works as intended).
But now im struggling:
Every issue that I have created before doing all of the above steps is visible to everybody even if the field CREATORS is empty (none).
So whats the difference between clearing this field vs. already existed before? Can I actively set this field to the state as 'already existed before'? And how can I make the issue visible to every team member without listing everyboding in the second post function?
Thank you for your help.