I see restrictions in which groups and individuals can be specified. But why does my team not show up here? What is the use of teams in that case (as in, without access controls)?
@[deleted]Welcome to Confluence!
Your question is referring to two separate properties in Confluence.
Teams are a function in Confluence to create teams of users that have similar roles, are working on a project together, are in the same department, etc. This will allow for communication between all individuals using the Team mention.
Groups are a security function. User accounts can be placed into a group to control access and permissions without having to select each individual.
I hope this explains it!
Yes, it does. I think it might be better to create a space and restrict the document access that way. If that doesn't work, I'll create the group.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.