hi
i would like to add a new custom field which will be represented as a tree, for example:
server–>
report -->
report 1
report 2
ServerFeature1
Client–>
login mechanism
etc
any idea guys?
That looks like a three-level cascading select list to me. Is that right?
If so, then you can't do this on Cloud, JIRA only has a 2-level field off-the-shelf, and options to try to link normally independent fields together aren't available either.
If I'm not right, then could you explain the field definition more?
Hi Nic, when you say 'options to link normally independent fields are not available', do you mean I cant create a custom field type which has a select list and a textfield together? I need to create filed to add estimates and a list of categories. eg: ANL 4 hours etc I need the fields to be placed horizontally i.e select list of categories and the estimate field next to it. Can I achieve this by creating my own plugin? Thanks
That is what I said, yes. You can create a custom field *type* if you are prepared to write an add-on, but you'll have to move off Cloud to use it.
so i can create a 2 level field filter? if so how ?
Hi Tzur
No, they can't - it's not for Cloud
ciao @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- today we are in 2020, on Jira cloud, that you know, now it is possible to have a custom field that chose a value, it allows you to associate other values on other custom fields ? for example I want to choose a company on custom field A and to have on custom fields B, C and D the values postal address, phone and city corresponding to that company ? in Jira Service Desk Cloud ...
No, there's no way to do that on Cloud.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.