Does the JSM Insight REST API support updating the inbound and outbound references of an object? I'm trying to ascertain whether it is possible to modify the Hypervisor reference for a Virtual Guest via the API but I can't find a straightforward method.
Hey @Boswell, Richard ,
Does the JSM Insight REST API support updating the inbound and outbound references of an object?
Yes, you can do this by updating the reference attributes on the objects. I just tried this out using the PUT object API (https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/insight/rest/api-group-object/#api-object-id-put).
To do this you'll need:
e.g. to update object "AB-123" to have an outbound reference to "CD-456" you'd call that PUT API with urlhttps://api.atlassian.com/jsm/insight/workspace/{yourworkspaceid}/v1/object/AB-123
with a body like
{ "attributes": [ { "objectTypeAttributeId": "674", "objectAttributeValues": [ { "value": "CD-456" } ] } ]}
To do this to update the "inbound reference" you'll need to update the attribute of the object you want to be a new inbound reference.
@Andrea, that worked perfectly! Thanks for the quick response.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.