How can I view the story points in the issue list within an epic?
When viewing issues for an epic you cannot see the story points:
However, you can see the story points when viewing issues in the backlog.
It currently is not supported to update what is displayed in that panel. Here is a change request for that functionality:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-16211
Hi @Brian Sandler
If you are fine with a marketplace app to get this data, you can try out our plugin
Agile Tools : Epic Tree, Links Tree, Time in Status & Worklogs
You can view the full Epic Hierarchy with editable time estimates and story points on the issue screen.
if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you might want to try JXL for Jira.
JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing (and inline-editing) any issue fields you're interested in, in their respective issue hierarchy. This, of course, includes their story points.
(At the moment, JXL is a separate view that shows a list of issues, rather than the children of an individual issue. I understand that is isn't exactly what you're looking for, but depending on your use case, I thought it may be helpful.)
This is how it looks in action:
(Disclaimer: I work on JXL )
Best,
Hannes
Haha, that's 5 years old. Oh well
There is a nice plugin which will display this info https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1231982/epic-insights-issue-view-for-jira?tab=overview&hosting=cloud
of course not supported so that you can get dinged in the atlassian - here's what you need to make this actually usable - marketplace
@jennifer smith
Actually the functionality is natively supported now.
Note this post is a little more than 3 years old.
If you click the change request link I supplied in my answer you'll find it has been closed as a duplicate of
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-70206
That issue was closed as Fixed in April of this year.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.