I have an requirement where I need to perform automation on dates where dates for linked subtasks should change if any change occurs in date of one subtask. I want to run it until the condition got failed for linked tasks as I have 20 subtasks. How can this be acheived?
Hi @Gaurav Dhuppar - This can be handled like this:
parent = {{issue.parent}}
Hi @Mark Segall ,
Thanks for your response. This is what I have done but I have 20 subtasks within the task and when I am trying to update the dates for all the linked subtasks, after 10 JIRA automation is throwing loop detected. Hence I wanted to check if we can increase the value for Loop Detection service Limit?
Ahh... I think the loop detection is occurring because the issue is hitting itself with the JQL. You probably want to adjust the branch query to this so that the trigger issue is not included in the branch set:
parent = {{issue.parent}} AND KEY != {{issue}}
See if that fixes the problem.
Hi @Gaurav Dhuppar,
The loop detection limit cannot be changed. As @Mark Segall pointed out, if you're hitting that then it is a sign that you need to restructure your rule.
Can you provide a screenshot of how you have configured your rule?
Cheers,
Simeon.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.