It would be helpful to know the number of tickets in any projects which was moved to in-progress/QA/blocked multiple times. This helps in understanding the inconsistency is tech solutioning
Hello @Mithila N Bhat
If you're ok with third-party add-ons, you can try Time in Status for Jira Cloud, which generates a Status Count report, It shows how many times an issue has been in each status. So you can track the number of transitions to each status without the additional effort.
Also, you can export a generated report to CSV or XLSX files.
It's developed by my team and is free for using up to 10 users. Please, let me know if you have any questions.
Is that what you need?
@Mithila N Bhat ,
Though this does not meet your exact requirement, but these JQL functions, give us the issues that were in a certain status.
There are many flavours of these JQL functions which you may want to have a look into
https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/TK/pages/1110081571/JQL+Functions
@Mithila N Bhat
This can be easily done using Jira automation and a custom field.
I had a similar use case.
My transition is
open -> In Progress -> Fixed -> Open
open -> Rejected -> Open
If issue moves from Fixed to Open, or from Rejected to Open, count the # of times this happens and increment the custom field to count how many times this happened for an issue.
Let me know this helps.
Note: I am on cloud version,
Hi @Mithila N Bhat ,
the App Time in Status should do the trick: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211756/time-in-status?tab=overview&hosting=server
Its available for all plattforms and it can show the time an issue has spend in a status and also count the times a status or transition was used.
Not OOTB but you might consider an addon app from Marketplace. You could actually create a solution OOTB but it would be very ugly and I would not recommend really...
How-can-I-count-number-of-times-an-issue-was-in-each-status
Then just go to issue navigator, sort by the number of times an issue was in a given status, and you're there.
Hi @Mithila N Bhat
Yes, it is doable.
Solution 1: You can define number custom fields and increment these counter fields in your workflow transitions (e.g. in-progress-counter + 1 when the issue is transitioned to 'In Progress' status). You can easily implement it and get the results in the issue navigator
in-progress-counter > 1 or QA-counter > 1 ...
This solution has a downside, you can't get proper results for the issues which were transitioned before. I mean, it will work after you published the new workflow.
Solution 2: You can use an app. For example Enhancer Plugin for Jira has Status Counter Custom Field which you can specify which status(es) you want to count how many times the issue has been to. This way, after re-indexing Jira you can get the result for all issues without modifying your workflows.
I hope I was clear, I am one of the folks behind Enhancer Plugin, please let me know if you need further assistance.
I would advise you to use a Time in status plugin, depending on your requirements (there are some free ones)
Best regards
thanks this helps!
Regarding the suggestion about adding a new integer custom field as a counter (or several of those) and have automation and/or workflow post-functions increment it.
It's correct that it will only work going forward. However, you can write a program (Python, Java) and use the Jira REST API to examine each issue's transitions and increment the appropriate counter.
You run it once and all counters are updated covering the history. At this point, you deploy the real-time update mechanisms (automation/workflow).
Disclaimer: It seems that on Jira Cloud there are no REST API for getting the transitions, but I do recall that for the Jira server, you can retrieve all the issue's transitions and you get the same information that you see in the UI under 'Activity --> Transitions'.
In that case, you can invoke a JQL query from the program (using these constructs:
STATUS WAS IN XSTATUS WAS YSTATUS CHANGED FROM X TO Y
If you are fine with a marketplace app, you can try out our add-on to get this data
Time in Status Reports
There is a similar request on this community posting that may provide some additional suggestions Solved: Visualize blocked issues (atlassian.com) Andy Heinzer mentioned as of JIRA 8 you may be able to use: Advanced searching - fields reference | Jira Core Data Center and Server 8.22 | Atlassian Documentation and create a JQL filter that issueLinkType = blocks (but I'm not sure how to check # times) then set a scheduled job to report these.
@Karolina Wons_SaaSJet I have customer who love your add-on so much, however they are using both of Cloud and Server.I have seen that you do not has Server or Data Center version.Could you please confirm if you have plan to release Data Center version.or what if we can together make a Server version for my customer?Thanks,Huu
@Karolina Wons_SaaSJet Thanks for sharing this. I did not know this existed.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.