Hi folks,I set a default text in my "Descrpition" field using "Default field configuration".Now, I want to overwrite this text using "Direct HTML links":For example: http://jira.atlassian.com/secure/CreateIssueDetails!init.jspa?pid=10420&issuetype=3&description=my+new+textBut my direct link is not overwriting my default value.Could you help me to fix it?Thanks a lot,J.
Are you basing this off an Atlassian document or some other posts that indicates this should be possible? If so, please share the link.
Are you using Jira Server/Data Center or Jira Cloud?
Hi Trudy, Thank you for replyI dont have doc about that.It was working in previous JIRA versions. But later a upgrade (to v8.20.2): it is not working from my end.I am using Jira Server/Data Center.
Hello @josper04
I found this post that seems like it relates to your experience:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/HTML-in-custom-field-description/qaq-p/1330102
Per that post that functionality was disabled in 8.7.0 for security reasons, but could still be re-enabled.
Thanks for your help.But it is not my issue. This option is enabled in my system and also this options is just to limited the HTML format (not plain-text).To give you more context: If I remove the default text in the "Description" field (from Default field configuration).I can add a text using a link similar to that: http://jira.atlassian.com/secure/CreateIssueDetails!init.jspa?pid=10420&issuetype=3&description=my+new+textBut if I add a default field text from the configuration, thisone cant overwrite by a custom link.
Hi @josper04, did you manage to solve this issue?Does anybody have a solution for that?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.