Dear all,
I need your advice on what is the best approach or what are the pros and cons in having 5-6 non depended, with different delivery teams projects under one Jira project.
I am new to Jira and I have to propose the best solution to a customer in the way of working when comes to development management.
From my understanding, there are two options:
1. I am in favor of this: in order to have a better overview of the development, especially when using work packages, themes, epics it's better to create separate Jira projects for each delivery project. or
2. The customer is in favor of this: have all the development stories(issues) together on the same board and use specific naming conventions in the description to filter out the relevant to each project while working.
I don't see cons when comes to managing multiple projects if we go with the first option. However, I can see why the second option might be the wrong one, as it can be prone to human error. First, because the same project board will be used by multiple teams that don't necessarily communicate with each other and we have to rely on personal tidiness when using the naming convention - if not, issues might be easily missed.
Can you help me understand what would be the best approach so I can support the next decision with more arguments?
Thanks for your time,
Maria