When component is selected then it automatically updates the epic link in the ticket to ensure it goes into the correct queue
Hi @Chaitanya B and welcome to the community!
You'd want to start the automation like this:
Without more understanding of your business logic that would establish component-epic mapping, I can think of a couple ways of doing this:
OPTION 1 - Dynamic Mapping
Epic Name = {{issue.components}}
{{lookupIssues}}
Note - For this approach to work, you need to ensure that 1 and ONLY 1 result is returned from the Lookup Issues action
OPTION 2 - IF/Else Logic
If you don't have business logic that enables you to dynamically capture the epic, you could hard set it with If/Else conditions. For example:
mark thank you so much. I have used this above option 2 it worked
I'd like to update the Components field when I change the field vaue of Epic links.E.g. We have a component 'TEST COMPONENT'
which has an epic 'TEST EPIC'
When I create a new user story and change the Epic link='TEST EPIC', I'd like the Components field to be updated to 'TEST COMPONENT'.Can you please advice how can I achive that?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.