I just created a new Jira instance to recreate this, thus I'm the only one on my Jira with all rights. I added a short screen capture to better demonstrate this.
What I want to do is simple: I want to create some kind of portfolio of all my projects with their respective epics in a Timeline (btw is there something better to do so than in a Timeline?). Now what's happening:
- when I open my Asset (that's my issue type referring to projects), I use 'Link issue' > relate to > select the epic (same happens not just with relate to, but also with clone)
- if shows up on my Timeline as expected - but once I click somewhere else and return to my Timeline, the linked epic is gone from the UI, but not from the Asset...it still shows up there under linked issues
Bonus question: is there a way to have my linked epics show up as a subset of my Asset and now on the same hierarchy level? (if the above described issues is fixable ofc).
Thanks!