I have one scenario where I want to update the date fields of subtasks based on how the dependent subtasks got completed. I want to create the dependency as well between the subtasks. I am new to JIRA and not aware of Groovy script. Can someone please help me in getting the script?
Hi @Gaurav Dhuppar and welcome to the community,
is this a hard and given requirement that this MUST be done via Scriptrunner? Or could jira automation (A4J) be considered as feasible solution?
BestStefan
Hi @Stefan Salzl,
No, its not MUST requirement to do via Scriptrunner but I was not able to find the way to do it from JIRA Automation. If you can provide me insights of doing it via JIRA Automation as well, that would be great..!!
This would need more detailes and exact description/specification of your use case.
A good way to do that is the given - when - then method to describe a step by step description of the use case and expected result.
GIVEN a task has multiple subtasks which will be created automatically once the task gets created. These subtasks has dependency in between them such that until one subtask completes, other can't start. These subtasks has specific duration which has been assigned to them like it will take n days to complete. There are custom fields as dates which are Current Estimated Start date, Current Estimated Delivery Date, Actual Start Date and Actual Delivery Date.
WHEN a subtask gets completed, these dates will be automatically updated for all the dependent tasks based on their duration.
Now, if a subtask gets completed earlier/gets delayed, then start dates of other dependent subtasks should get updated accordingly.
Please let me know if we can discuss this over call as it will be easier to explain the requirement.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.