I want to enforce tasks moved to In Progress have an estimate.I assumed I could add a workflow rule to ensure the number is filled out.
I cannot. I can't see a way to ensure the field is filled out as part of the rule.
Hi Thomas,
The {{fieldChange}} smart value which is set by the Field value changed trigger contains the following fields:
In the case of the Time tracking field, the field item will contain one of:
You can use these values in an Advanced compare condition to discover which time tracking field was changed as seen in the below image:
Please give it a try and let me know if it helps.
In case it works, please kindly accept the answer so more users can know that this solution works for their similar issue.
Regards,
Carlos
Where are you suggesting I do this?
I tried adding a rule, no way to do it.I tried adding a transition between In Progress and Done and no way to do it.
I'm on the free plan right now.
Thank you for your patience on this.
When you say that you tried adding a transition, did you try to add a Condition to the transition?
Assuming that you are using the Story Points field to estimate, I would recommend performing the following steps:
By doing this, when a user uses this transition it will have the condition that the Story points field has a value higher than 0, otherwise, the user won't be able to transition the issue.
Please give it a try and let me know how it goes.
Cheers,
[deleted]
I don't have the same options as you. I thought Jira was Jira.
Here is what I see:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.