Hi,
I'm trying to export Jira Cloud Projects (it contain only one project) to Jira server, I know it is tricky but I also followed the instruction from Jira so I supposed it has to work! but I get the error, and yes if I check the entities.xml all the issues do not have Key
There was a problem parsing the backup XML file at /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/import/jira-export.zip: com.atlassian.jira.exception.ParseException: No 'key' field for Issue XXX.
First, the steps that I've tried from here (link)
- On Jira Cloud, Settings > Import and Export > Backup Manager > Back up for server (Include attachments, ...)
- Create a new Jira instance with latest version (docker) with trial license, so I assume Jira Cloud and temporary Jira instance have the same version.
- On new and empty Jira Instance, Settings > System > Import and Export > Project Import
- NOW I get the error that I've mentioned above
- Tried to resolve the issue via these instruction (Removing invalid characters from XML backups) but then this error
There was a problem parsing the backup XML file at /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/import/test1.zip: Content is not allowed in prolog.
- I've tried this python code, at least it resolve the issue for the Key part, but now I got:
The current version of Jira is at build number '822000', but the supplied backup file was for build number '72002'.
- so it seems the Cloud version is not the latest!! Is this RIGHT? version 7.2.0 ? I've checked the entities.xml file for version and I found:
- <OSPropertyString id="10149" value="JIRA"/>
<OSPropertyString id="13" value="7.2.0"/>
<OSPropertyString id="1" value="72002"/>
I cannot find Jira instance with version 7.2.0, Is there anything that I've missed here ??