Hello!
I am attempting to create an issue via the jira REST API, and assign that issue to a specific user. My understanding is I can do so with the account id of the intended user. However, each time the ticket is created, it is setting the assignee to the calling user- whichever user's credentials are passed in the header for authentication. I have tested this with multiple different accounts (my team's shared service account as well as my own), and the outcome is the same. I have also confirmed this happens whether I include "assignee" in the payload or not.
Here is the payload I'm sending, with sensitive information scrubbed
'{
"fields": {
"summary": "Issue Summary",
"issuetype": {
"id": "54321"
},
"customfield_14179": {
"id": "12345"
},
"project": {
"key": "ABC"
},
"assignee": {
"id": "[intended_assignee_account_id]"
},
"description": {
"type": "doc",
"version": 1,
"content": [
{
"type": "paragraph",
"content": [
{
"text": "my description",
"type": "text"
}
]
}
]
}
}
}' and the full request is being made like this:
curl --request POST \
--url 'https://myorg.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue' \
--user "service-account@myorg.io:$1" \
--header 'Accept: application/json' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--data "$payloadFromAbove"
Any help solving this issue would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!