I made a change to the workflow. Now I have 20-ish issues marked DONE appear in the backlog. They were all >2 years old. I can't move them to a completed sprint, I can't even find a setting for showing/not showing DONE issues.
Hi @shawker
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
Is the resolution field set on those Done issues? If the resolution is not set Jira will consider the issue to be unresolved, no matter what status it is in, and therefor show up on the backlog.
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I would suggest that someone changed a board config, project, or workflow in a way that made the old issues no longer "done"
Open one of them up, and check the status, its resolution, sprint, and what boards it might be appearing on to start with.
Thanks for responding.So we go further down the rabbit hole....There is no resolution field shown in the issues. I don't even know how to enable it, if it can be enabled.
Thanks for responding.I changed the workflow to actually be a workflow, instead of all statuses can move to any other status. There were no transitions until I added them.The status is DONE. There's no resolution field. Some had been in sprints but some never were. I don't know what board it would appear on.
If you go to the detailed view of the issue, if the resolution is set you should see this
The status is on the left and the resolution is on the right. If you do not see the resolution it explains why the show up on the backlog. Please have a look at this KB for best practices on using the resolution field.
The KB mention that you can fix the resolution by changing your workflow, but you can also do that using an automation similar to this
I would focus on this bit:
>The status is DONE. There's no resolution field
Status is DONE looks totally right. Status is oddly simple (but still manages to confuse people a bit). The resolution "field" though matters to most of the rest of Jira.
Could you open up one of the issues that looks wrong, check the status, its resolution, sprint, and what boards it might be appearing on?
Thanks again but this version of JIRA that I've inherited is such a mess I'm just going to roll back my changes, hope things go back the way they were and look really hard at getting away from JIRA.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.