I working on the Insight Asset Management tool. I am trying to create a custom field where you can select a certain customer/company/Organisation and then later in the field you select the assets only associated with those customers/company/organisation.
Here is an example
We have 2 sets of Organisations, Org A and B. Each organisation has some assets, Org A has asset A1,A2,A3 , Org B has assets B1,B2,B3. So lets say asset A1 needs to be serviced and we need to let the Organisation know. Therefore we log a ticket in JIRA. In the ticket I want to select which organisation this will affect. This will be ORG A. Then I want to select which assets needs to be serviced, which will be asset A1. The issue i have is i would like to have the asset selection dependant on which Organisation i selected earlier. So because i select ORG A earlier in the field, I want to only display the assets from Org A (A1,A2,A3). So when i select ORG A earlier I would only want a selection of A1, A2, A3 and not A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3. This is so the agent logging ticket won't accidentally select B2 for an issue with ORG A as this could be a data protection breach.
Is there a way to do this in a custom field? Using Smart values or anything.