Dear Community:
I have been searching the Discussion Boards and Google to find a solution, which seems to have gotten a lot of attention: Links NOT opening to their corresponding Anchors if the referenced section in hidden in a collapsed Expand Macros.
Seems to me that Confluence has pushed the benefits of using Expand Macros to make Pages look tidy and organized; likewise, Anchors are supposed to aid with complex cross-referencing.
Honestly, if I thought that I would need to choose between Anchors and Expand Macros, then I would have opted for Anchors. I need these data to be linked to one another!
Could someone speak to this matter? All of the existing discussions are rather old.
Perhaps there's a fix now that we're in 2022 and users have been complaining about this glitch since 2013.
Please! I would like an experience wherein a user can click a link and be taken to its anchor, irrespective of whether or not all sections of the page are tucked away in Expand Macros or not.
Thank you!