One of my page links always opens in edit mode. Has anyone experienced this?
Hi @Sean F_
It's edit link that has been shared, replace the link with a new page link when already saved
Sharing the Page Link when editing
Sharing the Page link
Thanks,Pramodh
Hey @Sean F_ ,
can you please check the link in regards to what Pramodh already provided? Is it really the edit mode of an existing page? Or could it be that your link is a so-called "undefined link" that is displayed in red? Because these links are used to put a placeholder on a page leading to the editor to create a page. You can read up on it here: Insert links - Confluence documentation
Link to an undefined placeholder page Sometimes you want to link to a Confluence page that doesn't exist yet. To do this, you can add an undefined link and come back to it later. When you select on the link, Confluence will create a draft page with that title for you to then add content to and publish when you're ready.
Sometimes you want to link to a Confluence page that doesn't exist yet. To do this, you can add an undefined link and come back to it later. When you select on the link, Confluence will create a draft page with that title for you to then add content to and publish when you're ready.
Best, Max
Hello Pramodh, I actually typed the name of the page into the link tool and when it auto-populated I hit enter. I did what you said so now it shows as a "true" hyperlink and not a Confluence page link, but it does work so thanks for the workaround. The strange thing is that I've done the same for multiple confluence page links without incident. Thanks again.
Thanks Max, I replied to Pramodh, did you see?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.