Hi All,
I found there is a feature that could show sprints on the timeframe markers of roadmap from What does the roadmap show? > 2. Timeline section > 3. Timeframe markers. The article also mentions sprints only show with "Scrum plans". I did not see any active sprint on my roadmap so I am wondering what is "Scrum plans" and how could I make the sprints show on our roadmap?
Thanks so much!
Hey Linda,
I'm from the Roadmaps team, and I'll try to explain how sprints work on the Roadmap.
Firstly, your board must be using the Scrum template. If you are using a company-managed project, then you will need to make sure that you selected the Scrum template when first creating the project / board. If you are using a team-managed project, you can enable Sprints from Project Settings > Features and then toggle on Sprints.
Once you have sprints, you can go to the Backlog to create some sprints. You will need to set a sprint start and end date, or else the Roadmap won't know where to display the sprint on the timeline. From the Backlog, you can edit the sprint details, including its dates. Once you have done this, when you return to the Roadmap, you should be able to see the sprints in the timeline header.
Note: The Roadmap can only display sprints that were created in the same Backlog. It can not show sprints from other projects / boards.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if anything is still confusing.
Best regards,
Henry
Hi Henry,Thanks for your answer. It's very helpful!
I've got one more question: Do the sprints not show if there are more then one active sprints or there are sprints overlapping?
That's a great question. You can have multiple sprints on the Roadmap, including completed, active, and future sprints (as long as they have been scheduled with start and end dates). When there are multiple sprints that are overlapping the same period, then the Roadmap will attempt to merge those sprints (visually only). In this case, when you hover over the sprints in the timeline header, you should see a tooltip with a list of all the sprints in that period.
That’s cool! Thank you so much 👍
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.