Hi all,
Any leas on how to have two fields "Story Point" in a story, I need it to estimate DEV and QC separately. Can I use the existing fields "Story Point" and "Story Point Estimates" if not can I create a customized field?
Thank you
Hi @Imen Ghribi
Welcome to the Community!!
Although you can track the estimate in a number field, reports are provided only the single field, it can be either Story points or any number field.
You can only use one field to track the progress,
Regarding Story Point and Story Point Estimate:
Story Point Field is related to company-managed project
Story Point Estimate Field is related to team-managed project
Ref here - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Story-point-and-story-point-estimate-duplicate-fields/qaq-p/904742
Let me know if you have any query
Thanks,Pramodh
I assume that If you are using story point field is.because you are running an agile team. If that is the case the story points should be a global number not splitting by tasks.
Herr you have a overview of the story points:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agile-articles/Six-experts-sound-off-on-story-points-the-evolution-of-agile/ba-p/1553590
Best regards
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Can you confirm that your Dev and QA activities are done by two separate teams, who have their own backlogs and sprints?
Hi @Pramodh M , yes I m running a company managed project, I have 2 separate teams Dev and QA so that's why I need to separate both story points, I have separate sprints and tasks for both teams so that's why I need to put both estimation in the same Parent Ticket.
Thanks,
Imen
Hi @Carlos Marin yes I'm running an agile team for a Kaplan Project for a big project and I need to separate both teams for my estimation and Milestones for the QA Part
Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Thank you for your welcoming
Indeed yes both activities are done by separate teams who have their own backlogs and Sprints, what I need is to put the whole estimation (Story points) in the same parent ticket, that's why I was asking if I can use the "Story Point" field for Dev and "Story Point Estimate" for QA it's just for a matter of tracking and to have everything in the same place.
Hope it's clear.
Ok, that makes good sense. Strictly, it's not "agile" - you're supposed to have the thing delivered by a single cross-functional team, so Jira, as an Agile tool, doesn't easily support it, but you can do it.
First, you'll need a model of the workflow for any story. There's a long discussion to be had about that, and even more about setting it up for Jira, but let's go with the really simple case of:
To-do -> in dev -> dev done -> in test -> done
For this, you would set up two boards, one for developers that does to-do -> in dev and then has all the other status in the last column. Then for the test team, they get a board with dev done -> in test -> done
The important point here is you then need two estimation points. The obvious way to do this is SP-dev and SP-test. Estimate them separately, and then on the developer board, tell it to use SP-dev as the estimation, and for the tester's board, use SP-test
If you've got two different teams, a combined SP value is useless to you.
Hello, can you please clarify in this example above, exactly how one would go about to create SP-dev and SP-test?I have the exact same situation as the original poster. - How to create two SP in one issue, used by two separate teams
- Is it possible to rename the SP fields like in your example : <SP-dev> and <SP-test>
Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.