Hi,
I have created a JIRA workflow. In my haste I spelled one of the words incorrectly.
How can I rename the workflow?
It will not allow you to rename when its active (attached to workflow scheme)
Take a copy of the workflow, rename it, attach to the workflow scheme and remove old workflow from the scheme!
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/257226/can-i-rename-a-jira-workflow-and-a-jira-workflow-scheme
You can't. Just copy it with the desired name and associate it with the scheme you want.
Thanks Jijo. Your instructions were spot on.
What's the purpose of that restriction (to simply rename the workflow)?
Yes thanks. Kind of a silly mechanic the system enforces (renaming should be easy always) but this worked.
So how do you really do this when retiring a workflow? In it's lifetime it's become attached to dozens or more of projects... now it's name needs to be changed to be clear it isn't active anymore...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.