I am trying to figure out how Confluence works to see if it is the right... software?... platform? ...for us to move our company wiki to.
There is this "Home" page, with a left sidebar with only five links in it: 1) go to personal space, 2) Overview 3) Recent 4) Starred, and 5) Drafts.
Of these five, one is redundant, since "Overview" links to the Home page I'm on. I was sincerely hoping that the "site tree" would appear in that left sidebar, since I can't figure out how to access something that shows me the entire site tree, or how to get to pages I've created which I don't know what space they're in (or if I want to move them to a different space, which I gather can be done within the site tree by dragging and dropping?)
How can I edit this "Home" page so that it is useful for everyone who wants to look at the company wiki?
For example, I'd like it to show all of the Spaces somewhere on the page. I can see that each of those Spaces will have its own "site tree" in the left sidebar. It would be nice if everyone could simply see all the top level spaces without having them hidden under a drop-down.
Also, I think I can nest pages (though it's not clear how to do that) but can one nest Spaces?
Thanks for your help!
Alison
Looney Labs