Is there any way to create a global variable/field that can be used across all projects?
Hi @David Loszewski ,
Would a custom field work? https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/create-a-custom-field/
Most likely not since a custom field is issue specific. I want a global variable that I can set, and then compare against from any project using automation for jira.
Ie.
Global variable = 4.5
Then in automation for jira, if issues custom field = the global variable value, edit issue fields, etc
Custom field can be configured for global (for all issues). Custom field can be considered for your requirement.
Even if you configure a custom field as global, it will be available for all issues, but its value will be specific to an issue.
This is what David tries to avoid.
I just realized that there is a "Create variable" action!
See: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Automation-for-Jira-Create-variable-New-component/ba-p/1448118
(You could add this as the first command in your chain of commands, and it would effectively create a global variable that can be configured in the rule.)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.