Hi, I'm evaluating JSM and few other products as a potential new SD-tool.
One thing that I just can't wrap my head around is the organization sharing and its potential effects. Our scenario is mostly b2b were organizations would contain 5-10 reporters each, and they would then request support from us, and they (the different orgs) are defiantly not related and should not in any way risk seeing issues between each other.
Two things:
* Why is organization sharing the only field that connects an issue to the organisation ? Sharing a ticket has nothing to do with if the ticket belongs to an org or not, plenty of other service-desks has this as a core feature. If you've tickets created by customer that is part of an organisation then logically you would have something on the issue binding the two.
* Say that:
1. A customer of org. X creates an issue and shares it with their org X
2. Agent in backend switches reporter on the issue to someone in Org Y by mistake This causes a totally different org to have access to the ticket. Can I set restrictions or do I literally have to clear org in automation everytime something happens to ensure i dont get a complete mismatch because an agent might write a name wrong ?
I like JIRA because if your willing to put down the time you can configure so much compared to other out of the box solutions, but damn, sometimes pure core functionality such as this and teams/groups/second line is just handled so differently.