Today I uploaded a ~800kByte confluence page using the REST API. Actually it started as 1Mbyte but it would not upload at that size. I wanted to add a TOC to the top of it but the editor is simply unusable for this size of file. It continually looses the server connection. What is interesting is every few minutes it comes back for one or two seconds and then goes away again. So I have been able to at the TOC macro but half an hour later I am still waiting to have enough up-time to save it. Its not my Internet link - I am typing this quite happily while i am waiting.
Having come from MS Word which has no problem with files 20x bigger I think that users should be aware what limitations the Confluence editor has. Can someone please tell me what the maximum upload size is and how to get around these limitations?