I want to move an entire project ( with all the data , configurations etc ) from one organization to another in Jira cloud. Can you please guide me on the steps.
At the moment, you may need to look at an Add-on like Exalate for this so that it moves the data.
The recommended way is to take a server backup and move the project to a temporary Server/DC instance. You can then use Jira Cloud Migration Assistant to move the project to Cloud.I heard Atlassian has a plan for Cloud to Cloud migration but I do not believe this is out yet.
@shilpa_vs ,
For Cloud to Cloud Migration - You can refer this
For Server/Data Center to Cloud Migration - You can use Jira Cloud Migration Assistance Plugin
If the project data is not huge then you can migrate configuration manually and migrate issues through CSV export and import. - But it has some limitation.
Accept the answer if it helps
Thanks,Sachin
I do not have Jira server instance. Can i move directly from one to another on Jira cloud?
Thank you.
Is'nt there a direct 'export project' and 'import project' option from one org to another in Jira cloud?
No Shilpa unfortunately there is no such option available in jira cloud like we have in server & DC
You can refer this https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/perform-a-cloud-to-cloud-migration-for-jira/
Thank you. I will check and revert for additional support if required.
Hi @shilpa_vs
This is Syed and I am a pre-sales Engineer @ Exalate.
As suggested earlier, you will need to move the project configuration from one side to the other (either on cloud or server), and then use our tool in order to move all the issues/ tickets etc. from one side to the other.
If you would like to discuss your use case further or look at the product in action, please book a demo and we will be happy to assist further.
Thanks
Syed
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.