I have created this child issue. But It doesn't appear in my backlog or board.
Hello @GlenellRosburg
Welcome to the community.
Are you working with a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project?
It looks like you might have a Type quick filter activated. Can you try clicking Clear Filters and then see if the child issue is listed?
Is the child issue you created a Sub-task type of issue? Those don't display in the Backlog view typically.
This a Team Managed project.
I have removed my Type filter! Thank you for that tip.
Yes, this is a child issue that I created as a subtask. Do you know the reason why the child tasks wouldn't appear in the backlog and boards?
It is by design that Sub-tasks do not appear in the backlog. Sub-tasks are not independent items, but rather children of their parents. The Backlog is designed to show the independent items.
In the Board view you can show the Sub-tasks by changing the grouping for the board to Subtasks.
Otherwise, sub-tasks are indicated by the child task symbol on their parent issue.
The same symbol appears on the parent issue in the Backlog.
Thank you very much. This information really helps me figure out our processes.
Hello @Trudy P Claspill I was googling on how to make the child task symbol appear and chanced upon this thread. I have 2 diff. jira projects and one of them, this child task symbol is appearing automatically in the backlog but in the other one, it doesn't. Would you know how to make it appear? thanks!
Hello,
I have a team-managed project and our sub tasks are not showing up in our board when we filter by assignee. It is proving problematic as our workflow is to assign people sub tasks but they aren't able to filter by their assigned work to view. Any insight as to why sub tasks do not show up in the filter view? I looked into the group by: feature but I am only able to group by status, priority and assignee currently. Any insight is appreciated!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.