Hi all,
I am trying trough smart value to access a specific value in a specific issue in Jira to apply or add to the current issue value.
Example: {{custom numeric value}}*{{DF-1234.custom numeric value}}
Thank you
Take a closer look at the documentation on using Smart Values:
Hi @Benoit ,
to better understand all requirements could you please describe a use case?
thanks in advance.
BestStefan
There is no relation between the two issue.
I use some issue in a different project as constant, per example forecast of sales. I do not want to add forecast of sales in every issues. but I do want to use it as a factor of a value in the newly created or modified issue.
Thanks
Hi, I do have read all the documentation, and I can't see anywhere my use case.
issue.Invoice Amount per example refers to the trigger issue, but I want to check value in a different issue not related with this one.
How do I do.
As you want to refer to an issue in another project the rule needs to be a multi-project or gloabl automation rule.
to gather information from that other issue you can use the "look up" action and refere to that issue/field via smartValue {{lookupIssues}} (see screenshot)
Please let me know if this helps.
Sorry, I forgot to tell that I am on server Version, therefore no lookup function. Don't blame me, Atlassian cancel their Server platform 4 months after we bought it. (Sooo much frustration and additional cost to us because of that)
Hi @Benoit
You note referencing a field in a specific issue, such as {{DF-1234.custom numeric value}}
Is that field's value static or dynamic?
Kind regards,Bill
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.