Hi all,
If I setup "definition of ready" checkboxes, can I create a JQL expression to find the ones that have a particular checkbox checked or not?
If so, can someone provide an example of the syntax?
I tried
"Definition of Ready" != option18"Definition of Ready" NOT IN (option11, option 18)"Definition of Ready" != "Literally the name of the/checkbox"Also tried with the ID: cf[xxxxx]
... AND "Definition of Ready" = itemSearch("name = my/custom checkbox name", "completion = false")
@Some Guy , The syntax you have shown should work.
I just tried this in my instance and the following JQL works for checkbox fields.
"Custom Field Name" in (selection1,selection2,selection3)
"Custom Field Name" not in (selection1,selection2,selection3)
where Selection 1,2,3 are the names of the options. When using JQL, Jira should auto-offer the correct options for the checkbox field.
-pjd
Hello @Some Guy
Welcome to the community.
Take a look at the response on this post and see if that works for you.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Query-for-specific-checkboxes-being-checked-in-a-custom-field/qaq-p/618823
This does not work on my side. Also Jira does not auto offer the elements in the "Definition of Ready" list. I get only a list of functions:
Maybe to mention I want to search for an optional/additional DoR. I also tried the last option (itemSearch("")) with the name of the option but it does not find anything. It is listed under "Project -> Issue (Epic) -> Tab "Standards" -> "Definition of Ready" List
This does not work for me, if I make this query nothing shows up:
"Definition of Ready" != "Some/String"
Maybe the slash is a problem?
I would just make a query with all possible combinations but there are 19 options (atm) and therefore 19^2=361 combinations. Little bit overhead.
A few more questions:
@Some Guy
I suggest you to use this plugin,
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211562/checklist-for-jira?tab=overview&hosting=cloud
This plugin has all required options compared to the checkboxes.
Please let me know if you need more information on this.
Thanks.
I am no admin and there is no chance our admins will install any plugins. Especially if they charge a fee.
1. I assume it is standard Jira. It in the Epic within the section "Details" and there are Tabs (General, Standards), there it is located.
When I create a new issue and the type is Epic there are also 3 tabs, one of them is "Standards" and there are the DoR's
2. You are right, I am making a JQL query in "Issues"->"Search for Issues" and of course the advanced search
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.