Dear community
After being able to convince teammembers and superiors alike to implement an agile framework, we decided to try a some runs with Jira. With a little background in a software devteam, I'm a bit dazzled with all the opportunities at hand. I was wondering if there is a friendly expert on the field giving a slight push into the correct direction.
We are a team of eight, with 15+ research projects working at a university intitute. There is currently no overview nor planning on a higher level, it just somehow works but our team is craving to have a firm grip what's happening. With Jira we are looking to have task management, resource allocation and portfolio management in one place. The plan is to start with two projects for six weeks, testing if scrum is the correct answer to our question. It will be a soft version, trying to implement what is best for the team.
I was thinking about a Jira project per project, while having a "all issues" filtered scrum board on the top, where the team can work with. We would have one sprint for all the different project, if we ever decide to include them. Monday planning for the sprint from the issues in the backlog, having a sprint and on Fridays we review and retro.
Maybe I'm just talking nonsense or stuff that has been answered many times already, but after some reading I'm still not sure what "the best" option would be. Or aiming to high already and one should just start?
Looking forward to your input!
Cheers,
Imre