I want to write a filter which helps me extract Jira requirements which don't have linked stories to it. Any pointers how I can do that?
Hi @Aneeka
Welcome to the community 🙂
issuetype = Story and "Epic Link" != EMPTY
If you are tracking the Requirements via Epic and you have stories linked to it.
The above JQL will return the stories which doesn't have the Epics
Let me know the exact requirement if it doesn't work
Thanks,
Pramodh
Thank you @Pramodh M . Let me try that.
I will update you on that soon
what I am trying to do is
type = requirement and linked issue is not stories.
how to query second part
nope. still the same . It is returning requirement which has story type in linked issue along with other issue type.
what I want is
project = x and type = requirment and linked issue type != story
Ideally your suggested query should work but it is not
@Aneeka Can you please include the screenshot on the same, how you are getting the result?
If you are okay with just searching the issues which have empty links
go with this
issueLinkType is EMPTY and issuetype = "requirement"
For linked issues to be searched, it's something complex and might need add-on
Thanks,Pramodh
I searched with
project =xxxx AND type = Requirement AND issueLinkType != EMPTY AND issuetype != Story
result was - list of all issues with type requirement ,
when I open some of them , I get
in linked issue -
issues which are tagged as story and other issue like requirements, change request .
Yeah for the linked issues of type Story we need to use Scriptrunner add-on or JQL for extensions
https://jqlsearchextensions.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SEARCH/pages/173211649/Subqueries+-+Jira+Cloud#Subqueries-JiraCloud-linkedByQuery
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.