Isn't Sprint a built-in field as part of Jira Software and should migrate?
Sprint is a custom field added automatically when you have licensed the Jira Software application.
However, it is also possible to manually create custom fields that have the same name as existing fields. It is possible you have more than one custom field named "Sprint".
There is not enough information in your post for us to suggest the cause of the message.
What tool are you using for migration?
What are you migrating to and from?
Hi Trudy,
We're migrating from Jira Software Server to Jira Cloud using your Jira Cloud Migration app.
Is there a way to determine the source of the field? It's a locked field so I assume it is from Jira Software.
Caveat: I have never used the migration tool. I am just reading documents and making educated suggestions.
If you are looking at the Custom Fields screen on your Jira Server and find only one "Sprint" field listed there and it is locked, it is probably the one that was created by the Jira Software app.
In the destination cloud site, are you licensed for the Jira Software application? As that is the application that introduces and supports Agile methodologies and Sprints, I would guess that you need to have the Jira Software app in your cloud site otherwise the cloud site will not be able to support the migration of Sprint information.
It is the only field named Sprint, and we are fully licensed in both source and destination for Jira Software. It's a mystery and another example of the awful migration utility. I guess I'll open a ticket on it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.