How to use App passwords in Yocto Build recipes?
Please help me with an example
@Satish Jadhav A
App password is used for authentication with remote Bitbucket repositories !!
Here's a similar question
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Bitbucket-app-passwords-where-do-I-use/qaq-p/1935515
Thanks
No, my question is specific with Yocto build systems. the above link is not related to my query.
for e.g: "git clone https://username:password@bitbucket.org/dir/repo.git", command works, wherein password = "an alphanumeric string created by bitbucket"
if I use the same string in the "SRC_URI" field in the Yocto recipe, I get an error for the password field.
for e.g :"SRC_URI = "git://username:password@bitbucket.org/dir/repo.git;branch=somename;protocol=https;"
Error: "fatal: could not read password for 'https://username@bitbucket.org': No such device or address"
Please advise how to use the bitbucket app password in the SRC_URI field of the Yocto recipe.
Instead of your account password, its
e.g :"SRC_URI = "git://username:app-password@bitbucket.org/workspace/repo.git;branch=somename;protocol=https;"
Clone URL is available in your Bitbucket repo and App paasword can be created in your personal settings page
https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/app-passwords/
The "password" I was referring to in my reply refers to "app-password", which does not work with Yocto recipe.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.