Hello! I'm trying to set up Jira for my company (Software Development) on the free trial (looking for our best option as Notion doesn't meet our needs anymore).
I think it's strange how according to Jira's documentation, Stories are used when multiple people must work on something. However, the default field "Assignee" will only let you Assign 1 person. I've been reading the documentation and questions/answers from the community, however I'm still struggling to set this up:
- Most of our stories/tasks require 2 to 3 people to develop (Front-End, Back-End, design/Web). - We require multiple assignments.
- Assigning Teams is not a good solution for us, as assigned people can vary widely (we have 10 front, 15 back and 5 design/web developers, so there are more than 1,000 possible combinations!!!!)
- I've created the custom field "Assigned" in which we can assign multiple users to a task (awesome!), but:
a. When I export issues to a CSV, it only shows one of the people assigned, not the 3 of them, so I guess when I import all info, It'll only get 1 of them.
b. Assignee field doesn't appear anymore on the Issue information, but it still does on the Issue's list, and even though I assigned it to 4 users (including me) on the custom field "Assigned", it won't show up on the Active Sprint when I filter by "Assigned to me". However, it does show up when I filter to show only "Unassigned" (I assigned it to 4 people!!!). This means my custom field is not being recognized by Jira as an assignment, making it useless, as I need my developers to see their tasks by using the filter "Assigned to me".
BTW: I created custom Issues, Issue Types, Issue schemes, Screens, Screen Schemes, Permission Schemes, EVERYTHING! And I've associated all of them to my project. In none of them I have the assignee field, but It's still showing on the Issues list.
Please Help! Any way of making this custom field the one Jira understands as assignment? It's just Illogical that Jira says Stories are tasks for multiple people and Assignee only allows you to add one person... Thanks for your help in advance!