As I said I have been unable to add attachments to a form in ITSM. I have tried making sure that all the issue types have the attachment available but still no luck in finding it in the list of fields available.Any ideas on how to get this to work in ITSM or am I only able to use the issue creation method to enable this?
Thank you
@Michele Bazzani -
In addition to what @Mark Segall stated, if you don't see the "Attachment" field when updating your Request Form, then you will need to ensure that the issue screens configuration associated with your JSM project have that field included. Once you ensured that the field is there on the issue screens configurations, then you will be able to add the field to your Request Form.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
Hi @Michele Bazzani - Are you trying to do this with the new enhanced forms feature? If so, I don't believe that's possible yet. You would need to add on the Request Type >> Request Form view and it would be available above the form. Here's a quick screen shot:
So I am using the regular form and I have the form linked and made sure that the request type/issue type had the attachment field. So I assume based on this and @Joseph Chung Yin and your advice, I'm burnt on this?
Hi @Michele Bazzani - You need to add it to the visible fields (where Summary is captured in your screenshot) because forms do not support attachments at this time.
In your latest screenshot, click on the Add a field button, and then check the "Attachment" field and apply the change. Afterward your request form is updated where customer can create issue and attach document.
Hope this helps.
Best, Joseph
Hi Joseph and Mark,
Thank you!!! My god, I thought I was losing it This solution worked, and now I can see the relationship between the Request Form and the "Form" with much greater understanding. Thank you very much for your help!.
@Mark SegallSorry for jumping in on another ticket but I encountered the issue today of not being able to add the attachment option to a form.
In your comment you indicate that you just have to make is visible, which works. My questions is are you able to have the form display first and the attachment appear at the end. At present the Attachment is the first item a person is asked to complete which is not a great user experience.
Are there better options?
Thanks
Phil
+1 on Phil's question.
+1 here as well, it's annoying not being able to order the fields between Forms & request types
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.