Hi Everyone,
I'm quite new to Jira and I'm not a developer...unfortunately. But I like automation:) I read through lots of threads here but did not find an answer to my problem. And it looks like this is not supported. But I'll ask anyways:)
We receive Jira tasks for new Customer accounts creation and more. One of the fields in our Jira tasks is called "Subscriber Number". It's reflected as a number, but I believe it's a text field. At the end of each month I have to extract this field from all monthly tasks created and to sum it up. For now I set up CRON schedule to run in on the first day of each month. And it works ok sending me a monthly email listing describing each task's Subscriber Number. Here is what I have set up for now using Project Automation:
When rule executes...
run a JQL search and pass results to subsequent conditions and actions ==> getting my search results. No issues here.
Then I'm sending email with very simple content generated by
{{#issues}}
<li>{{Subscriber Number}}</li>
{{/}}
The result is like this:
After the email is received I simply copy it to excel, editing and summing it up. Lately we are getting about a hundred tasks each month so the manual work became somewhat tedious:) I know there is an option to generate xls from Jira but I'm pretty sure we don't have this option installed.
I would greatly appreciate any suggestion if sum up automation is possible for a task like this!
Thank you!