For some reasons, the current issue name Subtack (the initial default name one) is of the type « Task » and not « subtask ». I don't see where in all the config I can change it back to « Subtask type » for the appropriated behavior. (one obvious consequence is that the « Create subtask » is not present in the task screen, since there is no « subtask type issues » at all for the project... except this confusing name)
-------
More Detail:
So I am expending the use of a previously existing Jira (more Licence recently acquired, more peoples to use it, more internal support for it use). I want to use is as close as standard to start with. It is JIRA cloud and it has been around for a few years with limited use. (Read : It does not show many config change/personalisation, but obviously something was done to have the current situation).
Also: I have done some try out and minimum experimentation with another personal/just me as user JIRA Cloud (call it JIRA 2) and « out of the box » (Jira Software / Scrum), It behave exactly as I expected: Subtask is there, of the «Subtask type » and everything behave/show as expected in the product
So I can compare the two JIRA screen by screen, and I did dig into various configurations screen. I can see the effect of the difference, where is show me (or not) that Subtask is (or not) of the type « Sub-task ». I just don't find a options/menu to change the « Name = Substack, Issue type = base » to « Name = Substack, Issue type = sub-task »