Hello. Trialing JSM Cloud Premium edition. I have insight discovery configured as a service on a Windows 2016 server. And the agent installed on a single Windows 10 pc. The scan works as scheduled and generates a ZIP file containing the XML.
I have opened a copy of the XML and confirmed that it contains the installed software on the pc (see below) in addition to the hardware details - cpu, ram etc. However when I import this into Insight only the hardware details get imported.
Wondering if someone can point me in the right direction? As I've been re-reading docs, posts etc. and cannot figure it out.
The Discovery schema was created by the automated (non-agent) discovery scan of a subset of our office LAN subnet. Which incidentally didn't include the installed software either (I think because that pattern was not included?). I suspect that this might be the cause and that I need to create this part of the schema to successfully import and create the installed software objects.
Agent XML excerpt:
<ApplicationServices>
...
</ApplicationServices>
<Patches>
...
</Patches>
<Applications>
<ApplicationInfo>
<ObjectHash>6DD94BA9DFD872370840FD1E82CF9FCF</ObjectHash>
<Name>Office 16 Click-to-Run Extensibility Component</Name>
<Description>Office 16 Click-to-Run Extensibility Component</Description>
<InstallDate>01/02/2022</InstallDate>
<Vendor>Microsoft Corporation</Vendor>
<Version>16.0.14822.20000</Version>
<VisibleInMSUI>false</VisibleInMSUI>
</ApplicationInfo>
<ApplicationInfo>
<ObjectHash>C6B1C24953E9AB8215E22903D75B75AD</ObjectHash>
<Name>Office 16 Click-to-Run Licensing Component</Name>
<Description>Office 16 Click-to-Run Licensing Component</Description>
<InstallDate>01/02/2022</InstallDate>
<Vendor>Microsoft Corporation</Vendor>
<Version>16.0.14822.20000</Version>
<VisibleInMSUI>false</VisibleInMSUI>
</ApplicationInfo>