I'm trying to use the csv import feature to update existing issues, but it just keeps creating duplicate issues. What am I missing or doing wrong?
Hi @Vicki Gaddis
If you are updating the issues, you need to use one more column - Issue Key
Use the Issue Key to update the existing issues
For this export, the issues with selected columns under advanced issue search and export the issues first, then edit the issues based on your needs
Let me know if you need clarification
Thanks,Pramodh
Are you including the issue key in your import?
Updating existing issuesFrom version 4.3 of Jira Importers plugin you can update existing issues. Your CSV file needs to contain a column that during the import wizard is mapped to Issue Key. If an issue exists for a given key it will be updated.
From version 4.3 of Jira Importers plugin you can update existing issues. Your CSV file needs to contain a column that during the import wizard is mapped to Issue Key. If an issue exists for a given key it will be updated.
Thanks, Pramodh. I had exported the issues to be updated and made the changes to the csv and imported the same file. I had not mapped the Issue Key column.
Thanks, Tim. The Issue Key was in the file, but I hadn't mapped it. Doh!
NB: I am unable to map the Issue Key. Is this another, "you have to upgrade to be able to use this" type feature?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.