Hello community,
we have following goal:
a table within a jira ticket should be exported using a filter and the export details.
Any ideas / solutions / best practices?
Regards
Oliver
@oliver_trebbe
Welcome to the Atlassian Community
In Jira you can export the issues with description field which has the table but it export the table in the wiki format. see the bellow
You can also copy-and-paste the table from the jira ticket into Word, and then copy-and-paste the table from Word into Excel. That preserves columns and rows.
If you need later to convert Jira table to Markdown (md) table, there are two options what to do with Jira data (which can be taken using the way Sachin provided in the comment above).
1. Try to use online tool such as tableconvert.com. It doesn't have input option for Jira, only output (unfortunately), but still can accept simple tables using, for example, CSV input. It actually has plenty of output table formats.
2. I came up with jira2markdown. Since I worked with huge multiline table, I created a new multiline variable in Python console.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.