I am new to Jira Service Management.
I am test setting up a project.
I just can't figure out how I can set up fields for specific issue type?
Thanks.
Hello @James Park ,
If you want to add fields to a specific issue type in a specific project(s), you need to configure a screen, screen scheme and issue type screen scheme assigned to the project.
Issue Type Screen Scheme decides what screen schemes are assigned to which issue type.
Screen Scheme decides what screen will be assigned to which action - it can be create, edit or view.
Screen contains specific fields.
You can find how to configure screens here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-issue-screens/
If you need to adjust fields on a customer portal, you need to configure request type form in the project. You can find more about request types here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/setting-up-request-types-939926357.html
If you need to create fields, please follow instructions from Mikael above.
To create a new custom field, go to Settings > Issues > Custom fields. Once the field is created you can limit it to only be available for specific issue type by clicking on the three-dot menu and select Contexts and default values > Edit context.
See Create a custom field for more information.
Thanks for your answers, but it is very hard to follow and understand the logic for me. Would you know if Atlassian offers the training to design Jira Service Management from scratch?
For sure, I absolutely understand it can be confusing in the beginning.
Atlassian has all the courses related to Jira Service Management available here: https://university.atlassian.com/student/catalog/list?category_ids=21562-jira-service-management . I honestly did not go through them, but I believe these can help you with the basics.
TY
I am sorry, I can't make it work. I think that I need someone to actually show me on my project. I have tried this for many hours in many variations. The process describes are very difficult to follow on my project.
I tried to build a general process diagram to do this, but still I am missing important concepts.
create issue type > create issue type scheme > create screen for each issue type > create screen schemes for each issue type > create custom field > create field configuration scheme for each issue type issue .....
I can't link the process in my head, and I am going around in circles.
Have a look at this Atlassian Demo Den that show you how to create custom field.
Okay, so have you created the custom field yet? If not, click on the cog wheel up in the right- hand corner and select Issues > Custom fields. From here you select create, the type of field you want, next give it a name and lastly select the screen you want it on. If you don’t know which screen yet, you can skip that and just save.
If you already created the field, go to Project settings > Issue types and click on the screen associated wit the specific issue type. Next click on the screen and add the field.
The last step is to add it to your request type(s). Go back to Project settings > Request types and select your request type. Then go to the form view and add the field from here. The form view is what is visible to the customer when they access the request from the portal.
Too bad, I cannot attach the screen shot.
My screen look different.
I created issue types, screens, and fields. I just can't make them work together to view only the fields associated with each issue type. I see only the same field for both issue types.
I need 1:1 Zoom training from Atlassian. I am not sure if they offer.
Thanks for trying though.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.