Hi, when I want to perform a quick search for a reporter (often needed in our internal service desk) and I use the search terms as described in this atlassian article: Perform a quick search | Jira Software Cloud | Atlassian Support, then I don't get any results when I hit enter, because it needs to have the user ID and not the user name. Any suggestions?
@Matthias Ortner
Have you tried using the person's login username?
In my Jira Cloud instance, my login username is my company email address. When I use
"r:<my company email>"
...then the search returns results. If you execute the search in the regular field and start typing in the user's name, their login name should show up to the right of the dash as mine does below.
No, same result in the quick search. Quick search is really a mess, if I enter search terms that are one term in summary and another in the description it doesn't show any results.
quick search and enter
result:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.