I'm trying to parse data with basic auth, using API token from admin account, at our jira workspace. So it's looks like this:
GET | https://ourdomain.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/user?accountId=user_acc_id
it shows next JSON in response:
{"self": "https://ourdomain.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/user?accountId=user_acc_id","accountId": "user_acc_id","accountType": "atlassian","avatarUrls": { "48x48": "https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/....png", "24x24": "https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/....png", "16x16": "https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/....png", "32x32": "https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/....png" },"displayName": "Business Analyst","active": false,"timeZone": "Europe/Kiev","locale": "ru_RU","groups": { "size": 0, "items": [] },"applicationRoles": { "size": 0, "items": [] },"expand": "groups,applicationRoles"}
And nothing else, where in docs there is more fields, and email is always shown by default. What I'm doing wrong?
Hi Andy
This will be related to the visibility and the type of users un-managed or managed accounts
https://support.atlassian.com/atlassian-account/docs/update-your-profile-and-visibility-settings/
https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/configure-user-email-visibility/
Thank you for the reply!I have email visibility "only you and admins" and I'm an admin also. Is there any way to parse JIRA emails only with admin API token? Cause right now, I can only see my email via REST API route, but not others? P.S. Other users has different visibility settings, but before I was assuming that if I had admin role - I could parse any data with REST API calls
Does your account email domain match as the same as the user you are trying to see the email of?
Is the user account a managed account or an unmanaged account
All accounts is inside of workspace, but when I'm trying to parse data from this request URL:https://admin.atlassian.com/gateway/api/adminhub/um/site/<CLOUD_ID>/users?count=20&start-index=1It shows, that any user from is:"managedStatus":{"managed":false,"owner":null}I thought that any user in Jira cloud, that can access tickets is already managed...
Same challenge here, while using site admin credentials
1. i CANNOT get the email of users outside my org via API (called from outside)
2. but i CAN get all (org and non-org) emails via the "export user" feature of "user management"
Not sure why...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.