I tried setting up my workflow. Snippet:
Yet, when I transition this way:
Why do I see multiple in the list?
If I drag via board I see:
I don't quite get why some of those options are there. Doesn't match the work flow?
Hi @ChuckieAJ
From what I can see, the transitions that have from "Any Status" are probably why you are seeing double. For instance you have the "Work completed. Now obtaining transla..." transition which will show if you are in the "In progress" status, but you also have transitions that can come from "Any Status". So since you have that transition from any status you will see transitions that just say the Status they are coming from and the Status they are going to.
Thanks,
Tim
This board is showing what all transitions are possible from present status . You need to drag to the required status.
i.e In progress --> In translationIn progress --> DoneIn progress --> Wont Fix
The Any Status ones were already there when I created the board. So I shoudl remove those from the work flow.
It depends... I don't want to have you remove them and then be stuck in a status with no where to go. Would it be possible to show the complete workflow (text version would probably be best)? If not, just make sure that every status is able to transition. The nice thing about using the ANY transition is you can move the issue anywhere on the board, but if you wanted that same ability without using the ANY transitions you would have create a lot of transitions. If you want the board to flow from like left to right then you definitely want to remove the ANY transitions.
I don't know how to extract the work flow in text. It is not overly complex.
I understand that from the Board. I coded those options to be catered for. But what @Tim Perrault is explaining makes sense. By default the board had the Any Status options too. But it is a catch 22. I if I simply have the Any Status options there is no point having my own rules. I get that some Any Status options would be good to have.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.