I have a Group which i think is not used and would like to delete it.
Is there a way I can confirm it is not used within any projects?
@Paul Fechner
Here is the solution: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-identify-group-usage-in-jira-441221524.html
Replace ('helpdesk', 'administrators') with a comma-separated list of the groups you want to check for usages
('helpdesk', 'administrators')
Not sure that applies to Jira Cloud though.
Hi @Paul Fechner
I think you can only see the group's members and their product access, but there should be way to check.
@Paul Fechner did you ever find an answer? I'm currently reviewing the accesses as part of a security audit and this would really help in that.
Has anyone ever came up with a solution or workaround for that in Cloud?
I am really struggling to manage groups that might not be in use anymore, it is not reasonable to check all Confluence Cloud space and pages restrictions, projects access, filters and dashboards shares, permissions schemas, automations manually before removing the group.
That article definitely doesn't apply to cloud since all it does is provide SQL queries and of course we don't have direct database access in the cloud.
I have seen that there is a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71967Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.
I have thought about writing a Python script to do this but there is always higher priority work on my plate so I have not been able to do so yet. I have not yet looked at the available APIs to see if there is a more efficient way to do this than pulling all groups, pulling permissions from every permission scheme and looking for each group in each scheme. It would also have to determine which spaces are using each permission scheme.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.