I found that in company-managed projects there's the possibility to add custom hierarchy, but nothing on doing it in team-managed projects. Is it possible?
Extending the issue hierarchy is a feature of Advanced Roadmaps which is available only in Jira Cloud Premium subscriptions. I have only a Standard subscription so I have not been able to work with Advanced Roadmaps. I don't know how well it works with Team Managed projects.
It doesn't work with team-managed projects yet. Atlassian is planning to implement it, but I don't know a time-line (If you "create new plan from a project", it lists only my Company Managed projects)
Thanks @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Hi @Laura Pitkänen
welcome to the community! Just to add to Trudy's answer: If you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, there are a number of apps that allow you view and manage issue hierarchies based on issue links.
E.g., this is how a 5-level hierarchy looks in JXL for Jira (the app that I'm working on):
These apps typically work with all kinds of projects, including team-managed ones.
Hope this helps,
Hannes
Hi @Laura Pitkänen ,
Another option for a 3rd party could be Pivot Report we develop. It allows you to add new hierarchy levels with issue links:
Thanks for the tip! I'll check these out.
Thanks Dmitry! I'll check this out as well.
You can use issue links to create your own hierarchy at any level.
If you would be interested in a paid app, to visualize the hierarchy based on the issue links, we have created an add-on to track the progress at each level,
Agile Tools - Epic Tree, Links Tree and Time in Status
Key features of Links Hierarchy:
Disclaimer: I work for RVS, the vendor for this app, and I am one of the developers in the team
Thanks Rahul!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.