I want to allow users from an external company access to a single project for collaboration. I can't figure out how to do it between schemes, groups, ect.
Hi @Vicky Carrillo,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
You can do that if you configure the permission scheme being used by all your project so browse projects is based on a project role instead of the default which allows everyone logged in. This will allow you to delegate who have access to project to the project lead. This KB gives you a good overview how permissions works in Jira.
Hi @Vicky Carrillo
As Mikael already said, make the permission scheme based on roles. Then, grant JIRA (Software I suppose) licenses to each member who needs access to the project and add them to your single project.
Hi Mikael,
I created a project roles. Then created a permission scheme. I applied that scheme to the project, and invited the external user to the project. Unfortunately, the external user can still access all the other projects in our account. What am I missing?
Did you update the permission scheme that all your other projects are using? It sounds like you didn't and that is why the external user can still see those. When you want users to only have access to specific projects you have to make the permission change to all projects, not just specific ones.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.