I am working to import a Discovery Tool export into Insight. I am using the DSC option and importing the zip file that the Discovery tool creates. When I go to do the import I get the error "Instream parameter is null". Has anyone run into this issue? What was the resolution?
Here is a bit more info. This is the log from the Discovery tool.
1/26/2022 1:46:40 PM : Start transport process.1/26/2022 1:46:40 PM : Error getting host from export path1/26/2022 1:46:40 PM : Exceptions:1/26/2022 1:46:40 PM : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.at Insight.Discovery.Tools.FormHelper.GetSSHHostFromPath(String path) in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Forms\FormHelper.cs:line 551/26/2022 1:46:42 PM : Token is valid1/26/2022 1:46:42 PM : Getting authentication to upload file to Media Server...1/26/2022 1:46:44 PM : Response status code does not indicate success: 400 (Bad Request).1/26/2022 1:46:44 PM : Failed to get FetchUploadCredentials from Cloud1/26/2022 1:46:44 PM : Exceptions:1/26/2022 1:46:44 PM : HttpRequestException throw in GetFromJsonAsyncat Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<GetFromJsonAsync>d__18`1.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 356--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<FetchUploadCredentials>d__14.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 1841/26/2022 1:46:44 PM : Response status code does not indicate success: 400 (Bad Request).at System.Net.Http.HttpResponseMessage.EnsureSuccessStatusCode()at System.Net.Http.Json.HttpClientJsonExtensions.<GetFromJsonAsyncCore>d__9`1.MoveNext()--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.InsightHttpClients.HttpClientWrapper.<GetFromJsonAsync>d__3`1.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\InsightHttpClients\HttpClientWrapper.cs:line 0--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<>c__DisplayClass18_0`1.<<GetFromJsonAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 0--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()at Polly.Retry.AsyncRetryEngine.<ImplementationAsync>d__0`1.MoveNext() in /_/src/Polly/Retry/AsyncRetryEngine.cs:line 69--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)at Polly.AsyncPolicy.<ExecuteAsync>d__21`1.MoveNext()--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<GetFromJsonAsync>d__18`1.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 01/26/2022 1:46:44 PM : Could not upload file 8DF91_00001_2022-01-26_1346_0616.zip to cloud1/26/2022 1:46:44 PM : Exceptions:1/26/2022 1:46:44 PM : Failed to get FetchUploadCredentials from Cloudat Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<FetchUploadCredentials>d__14.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 194--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<UploadFile>d__13.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 161--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()at Insight.Discovery.Logic.FileTransfer.TransferFile() in C:\Source\discovery\Discovery\Logic\FileTransfer.cs:line 1991/26/2022 1:46:44 PM : HttpRequestException throw in GetFromJsonAsyncat Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<GetFromJsonAsync>d__18`1.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 356--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<FetchUploadCredentials>d__14.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 1841/26/2022 1:46:44 PM : Response status code does not indicate success: 400 (Bad Request).at System.Net.Http.HttpResponseMessage.EnsureSuccessStatusCode()at System.Net.Http.Json.HttpClientJsonExtensions.<GetFromJsonAsyncCore>d__9`1.MoveNext()--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.InsightHttpClients.HttpClientWrapper.<GetFromJsonAsync>d__3`1.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\InsightHttpClients\HttpClientWrapper.cs:line 0--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<>c__DisplayClass18_0`1.<<GetFromJsonAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 0--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()at Polly.Retry.AsyncRetryEngine.<ImplementationAsync>d__0`1.MoveNext() in /_/src/Polly/Retry/AsyncRetryEngine.cs:line 69--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)at Polly.AsyncPolicy.<ExecuteAsync>d__21`1.MoveNext()--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<GetFromJsonAsync>d__18`1.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 01/26/2022 1:46:44 PM : Finished transport process.
Per risolvere l'errore ho creato il file .zip dal Discovery tools senza impostare alcuna password.
I don't have any password for .zip files but still getting the similar error.
Hi @Scott Chapman Did you manage to resolve this, I'm having the same problem?
Hi @Scott Chapman ,
I just had the same error. After uploading my *.zip, I could not continue with the setup of the import.
I then checked the content of my zip. Within the zip, there was a folder, which contained all the necessary files. As soon as I removed the folder and moved the files directly into the zip - without subfolder - I could preceed with the setup.
I have just upgraded tp Discovery 3.1.4 with the Export option "Cloud", which should do the discovery and upload/sync right away - not having to run an import !
It comes with the same error: 14-12-2022 11:04:41 : Failed to get FetchUploadCredentials from Cloud
- aftes it has said: Token is valid
It stores the zip file and it looks okay.
Any ideas ?
Hey, i've still got the same problem:
18/04/2023 7:21:32 : Exceptions:18/04/2023 7:21:32 : Failed to get FetchUploadCredentials from Cloudat Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<FetchUploadCredentials>d__14.MoveNext() in C:\build\DISCOVERY-DISCOVERYCLOUDRELEASE-BUILD\DiscoTools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 194--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<UploadFile>d__13.MoveNext() in C:\build\DISCOVERY-DISCOVERYCLOUDRELEASE-BUILD\DiscoTools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 161--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()at Insight.Discovery.Collector.Program.TransferFiles()18/04/2023 7:21:32 : HttpRequestException throw in GetFromJsonAsyncat Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<GetFromJsonAsync>d__18`1.MoveNext() in C:\build\DISCOVERY-DISCOVERYCLOUDRELEASE-BUILD\DiscoTools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 364--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<FetchUploadCredentials>d__14.MoveNext() in C:\build\DISCOVERY-DISCOVERYCLOUDRELEASE-BUILD\DiscoTools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 18418/04/2023 7:21:32 : Response status code does not indicate success: 400 (Bad Request).
I have tried a couple things, but nothing seems to work:
- There is no password on the zip
- The files to be uploaded are not in a subfolder
- This is the newest version of Jira Cloud Discovery
- Our firewall does not block anything
- My Cloud Token is valid
Can anyone help me with this issue?
Thanks.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.