I open a story and I would like to add tasks to it and under those tasks to add sub-tasks, is this possible?
Seems like this is a must behavior that should come out of the box.
Hi @Offir
The story can be linked to tasks. The hierarchy is
Epic --> Story, Tasks, Bugs --> Sub-Tasks
If you need a custom hierarchy
Story --> Task --> Sub-Tasks
Use Issue linking feature
Thanks,Pramodh
Hey @Offir
Yes it is possible OOTB.
Tasks has to be linked to Story(Issue linking).
Under that Task we can create sub tasks.
Regards,
Vishwas
Hi,
Thank you for the answer, but I would like the task will be part of the story and that task will have sub-tasks, if I use issue linking(related?) when I look at the active sprint board the linked task is not there.
Hey,
That's correct in boards we cannot see them, to see them in hierarchy like Epic --> Story --> Task --> Sub-task we have go with Advanced Roadmaps.
No, absolutely not.
Sub-tasks can not have sub-tasks. It's deliberately built this way to prevent people creating over-complicated and unwieldy issue tracking systems.
If you need more layers, then you should be reviewing the levels at which you are tracking things -and then going up, not down. The hierarchy is Epic -> Issue -> Sub-task, and if your organisation would find it useful to have more layers, then you should be looking to add things like initiatives and themes, over and above Epics.
The issues should be simple items that a small team can deliver in a short time. Sub-tasks are parts of that issue that the team create in order to break it up for some reason internal to their team.
If you are ok for a marketplace app, to visualize your Issue Links Hierarchy, we have created an add on for this need
Agile Tools - Epic Tree, Links Tree and Time in Status
You can also view the full Jira Issue Type hierarchy of Linked issues, Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps, Epics, and Subtasks up to 10 levels.
You can filter for fixed version of your projects too.
Key features :
Along with this there are multiple other features like Time in Status, Worklogs reports etc which the app provides.
Disclaimer: I work for RVS, the vendor for this app, and I am one of the developers of the app
Is there a way to do the relates to activity in bulk for multiple tasks in one go?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.